Monday, January 11, 2021

Yonex Racquets (The range and series)

I was browsing the Yonex website one day for badminton racquets, and man! Surely you would be confused by the many series and price range of all the racquets!

I used to play badminton actively (competitively) during primary school and if i remember correctly there is only the Carbonex range of racquets, with Carbonex 8 being the best-buy.

Luckily I found this diagram below that displays the placement of their range of racquets. They now have 6 ranges with a tonne in each range. But with this diagram it is then easier to decide which one is best for yourself.

I always feel that manufacturers can bull-shit all they want regarding the different quadrant that each racquet will occupy, but such marketing materials give potential customers the impression that they have acquired knowledge and that purchase decision is now easier. So they win!

So for my case I would likely go with AX55, AX7 or AX77 (all are of Astrox Series for intermediate/advanced players) if I were to make a purchasing decision. 

No comments: