Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Keychron K2 Mechanical Keybooard

Keychron K2 Mechanical Keyboard
I ordered a Keychron K2 mechanical keyboard the other day.

The package took about a week to arrive in Singapore and another 3 days sitting in their warehouse over the weekend before they activated Ninja Van to pick it up on Monday.

SF Express Bubble Wrap
It came in a big bubble wrap to ensure that the box was not crushed along the journey from Shenzhen to Singapore. The company is registered in Hong Kong though.

Overall it is a great looking keyboard but it doesn't seem to be as quiet as I have thought although it is the lightest touch of all, with red Gateron switches.

Keychron K2 Packaging
Additionally I took some time to adjust my fingers' memory to get used to the new location of the keys as compared to the full-size keyboard.

The height of this keyboard requires some time to get used to as well. I may report back if my wrist are too strained after using this heightened keyboard.

Overall it was not a big problem getting used to the new layout.

For the uninitated, Keychron K2 is actually born out of a Kickstarter project.

Update (11th Apr 2020): I have decided to get the walnut wrist rest as the height seemed to be too high for my liking. I also found out that the media playback buttons integrated into the function row as secondary keys can be accessed easily. Just hold the Function + X + L keys for 3 seconds to make them primary keys!

Here is a video showcasing the various keyboard size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxS30X_unjU

In essence this is still my favorite keyboard because of the compact size (75%) and the primary media keys.



No comments: