Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Why I Started Jogging In The Late Evenings

As I grew older, I found myself spending my time in the evenings (after the kid has gone to sleep) browsing the web and looking at Facebook, scrolling non-stop night after night, not turning in earlier than 1-2am.

It struck me one night that this cannot go on and that I am spending my time in an un-productive manner. I decided to start my jogging regime after the kid has gone to sleep, at least twice per week. (Could no longer manage 3 runs per week which I used to when I was in my 30s).

Later on I had signed up for gym since I can run without the mercy of the weather and could also do some endurance training on weights as well.

So far so good. Running helps to induce endorphins and after a run all worries seem to matter much less. You are also more ready to take on the work stress the next day and face that same problem with less strain on your heart, literally.

No comments: