Friday, March 22, 2013

MKS Promenade Ezy Pedals

I am using the MKS Promenade Ezy pedals on my Bike Friday tikit and I am loving it!

These pedals can be dismantled and kept separately, making the folded bike look more compact. There is however a small issue which is the yellow plastic rings (shown here in the images) that are supposed to prevent the pedals from being dislodged/released accidentally. My bike is primarily black in color and having yellow rings is somewhat a mismatch.

What I have done is simply to remove the rings altogether and I did not have to worry about the pedals getting dislodged when riding (after 3 trips by now); the quick release design is "smart" enough to prevent the normal riding action from dislodging the pedals.
The rings are as shown here
A video showing how the quick release works (you will also appreciate how the yellow rings keep the quick release in check):

No comments: